MEnU

The Wall That Was Not


At first your dates don't see it
Caught blindsided no doubt
And because YOU’RE IN DENIAL
There’s no ‘wall’ to talk about

You sure cease to amaze me
Say you want a love that’s true
But will you put the time in
Be open to all things new?

“Hey I always put my time in
But being open’s kinda lame
And still I keep them coming
Sometime’s too many to name.”

Yes you meet some real good prospects
Some sincere, some join your crew
And others who are set to spend
Their whole lifetime with you

Yet-still you search for answers
To the questions of romance
So confident and self-assured
Competition stands no chance

First you capture their attention
Dominate their mental space
They respond with strong attraction
Passions rising, quick the pace 

But then you start construction
Fortified and ten feet tall
Recoil from communications
Build an emotional brick wall

“Living life solo is so lonely
That’s not how I want to be.
I long for a connection
Someone to be here just for me.”

But yet I have to tell you
Words and actions are unmatched 
That’s precisely why you’re single
Though you crave to be attached

“What is this wall you speak of?
I’ll just give dating one more shot.” 
Unless you learn the lessons 
Suitors hit---The Wall That Was Not.

Copyright © 2011 Cathy Bishop. All Rights Reserved
          




No comments:

Post a Comment